Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas Time is Here...

The Charlie Brown choir is singing that in my head at this very moment...



So...I have vowed most of my adult life to never do anything pertaining to Christmas before Thanksgiving, I broke that vow this year and I think I'm happy about it.
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because it is about Thanksgiving and America hasn't really found a way to capitalize on making gobs and gobs of money by celebrating this holiday. It is simple. Thanksgiving. For that reason, I have always forbidden to give in to mass marketing of Christmas which usually starts in October unless you are Hobby Lobby. Hobby Lobby puts their decorated Christmas trees on display in July. Okay - that may be a bit much but I'm certain it is still flip flop weather. Anyway, due to a busy December and traveling to NC for Thanksgiving I broke down and decorated my home the weekend before Thanksgiving adding finishing touches here and there. In fact, I plan on a feeble attempt at making a handmade wreath using the magnolia leaves from the three trees in my backyard tonight. Pictures to follow if I impress myself. Putting the tree up before Thanksgiving has been a small stress reliever - one less thing to do. Yay for less! Now I can finally get my clothes ready for my Junior League quota - woohooo. Won't you come help? Since this blog was dedicated to Christmas decor I'll post a few pics of my humble attempt to be Martha Stewart. Enjoy!