Sunday, January 18, 2009

80's Rockin' New Years Eve!

I always envisioned myself spending New Year's Eve like Meg Ryan in

When Harry Met Sally.

You know, a great party in NYC where everyone is dressed up and dancing to great jazz. The when the ball dropped everyone would kiss their date's and sing "Auld Lang Syne" in harmony.

I believe the best New Years was in Atlanta with my girlfriends Ashley and JoAnna. We shopped at Lennox Mall all day, stayed at a great hotel in Buckhead then rode the Marta downtown to watch the peach drop. Instead of singing "Auld Lang Syne" with other dancing couples, we sang "All For You" by Sister Hazel with several drunk friends (ps - we were completely sober)that we had made while waiting on the peach to drop.

So...I do believe one day I'll have my Meg Ryan New Year, but this year, I rang in 2009 80's style at a neighborhood party and had a blast!